Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pentecost Prayer Day 39

It is very difficult for me to actually accomplish the missions on which I set out. I use so much energy in the visualization of reaching the goal, and so much more energy explaining to others where I'm going in ways that may entice them to accompany me, that I'm often exhausted before we even set out on our adventures. The bad part for me is that I've gotten others so excited about getting where we're going that they then proceed without me, and I feel abandoned, as do they.

I am trying to tone down my enthusiasm, but I'm always afraid that we will stay stuck if I don't lead the charge to promised territory, or even worse, we'll backslide to the perceived safety of earlier influences. My experiment for Pentecost is to simply lay out my vision and see if anyone can see what I see so clearly. Surely others are leading the way in which I can simply proceed along with them on their path of delight and discovery.

My prayer for Pentecost is that my dream comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment