Friday, February 17, 2012

Cleaning, Cooking, and Creation

It is really dangerous when I begin to clean;
I almost always overdo almost everything.
My daughter's family's coming for a short while;
I usually try to create an ambiance to make them smile.

This time I really did it, and it's not so very good;
I maybe cleaned a bit more aggressively than I should.
I wanted to present a tidy and clean home,
But I seem to have cleaned away the bathroom chrome.

There is nothing I can do to reverse this effect;
Now the bathroom looks like its suffering from neglect.
Perhaps I should stick to cooking; I'm supposed to bake
Our twelve-year-old granddaughter's cookie birthday cake.

My favorite thing in life to see, the thing that most pleases me
Is seeing my grandchildren together, and happy to be.
I think The Almighty must feel the same way,
That heaven will be when we all are home to stay.

And I believe that heaven begins here on earth,
With every person who was ever given birth.
We must look for the light in each others eyes;
For each of us are parts of The Almighty in disguise.

2 comments:

  1. Now I see we are opposites, I would rather clean the toilet, than bake for ANYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that it doesn't look as bad as you think. The children will remember the delicious aroma of your wonderful cake far longer than how clean the house was. ☺

    ReplyDelete