Saturday, February 25, 2012

Heart of the Home

"Worry not what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink, or what ye shall put on."
But someone must do laundry, and shop, and cook the meals.
Every adult in this household is busy encouraging each other
By providing loving service to the grieving widow and her clan.

Laughter drifts from the kitchen table as card games are played;
From other tables come voices of scholars and mentors tutoring them.
Sports play in the background as husbands await assignments;
I imagine I'm queen of this kitchen, in which beats the heart of this home.


1 comment:

  1. I imagine you are too!

    Yes someone must do something, although everyone should, it doesn't always work that way!

    I like the feeling I get from the verses. helping encouraging and THINKING ABOUT THE MEN'S ASSIGNMENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete