Friday, February 1, 2013

Church of Good Cheer

I left my lover yesterday for a three week trip alone;
I have always told him wherever he is, that's my home.
We had breakfast together, as lovers often do;
He said, "Stop at the gas pump; I'll pump your gas for you."

The drive is long without him, but I had much to think through;
Planning Mountain Mama's history project gave me much to do.
I was so looking forward to my first stop to see my daughter;
Every time I wanted to take a break, I pushed myself a bit farther.

My girlfriend's home awaited me, as it always does so well.
She had to work late at the mansion, so into my warm bed I fell.
I thinking of how many homes to which I have the keys;
I'm actually never far from a feeling of welcoming family.

The Sacred Spirit comes to me in so many faces and voices;
I have never been one to walk away from any of my choices.
Some insist that church is a building and a certain creed;
I say that my church is where we help fill each others' needs.


1 comment:

  1. Good meaning here, you do spread yourself out!!!stay warm up in the hills.

    ReplyDelete